Ok, I know Beckee has already heard this story and probably told Wes. And since they are the only people who actually look at my blog, this is probably unnecessary. But as this is to be a portrait of the single life, I cannot in good conscience exclude the stupid boy story.
Part I
So a couple of weeks ago I was driving home from work with my friend Jason. Jason and I go way back... like 3 months, so we're pretty close, we hang out a couple times a week, go to lunch, text/talk quite often. Oh, and he is from Australia so get out your best accent, it makes the story that much more entertaining.
Jason asks me, "so what are you doing tonight?" This start of a conversation usually means that we are going to hang out later that day.
However, "umm... I have a date."
So Jason starts telling about this girl he is sort of dating, they hang out a couple times a week, she takes him home from work occasionally, and he feels like things are getting serious but he doesn't want things to be serious. I'm a little confused, trying to decide if this is one of those things were the guy is telling a story about some other girl when really the girl is me. I'm sure we've all been there.
Anyway, I didn't want to get caught in that situation, so I go into damage control. "Why do you think you are dating this girl?"
"Well, we hang out a lot and talk a lot.... blah blah blah." It still sounds like me.
Then the stroke of genius comes, "well, have you kissed her?"
"Yes... But, I don't usually kiss girls so soon, it just sort of happened... blah blah blah." (Jason talks a lot.)
So I know it's not me, which is good because I didn't want to tell Jason that it takes a bit more that taking the man home and hanging out to consider a "serious dating pattern" to be established.
But he has delved into the topic of kissing, which I try to stay silent on... in pretty much any situation with any guy because only one of two things can happen when you tell a guy, "well, I grew up in a house where the rule was: If a girl looks like she needs to be kissed you had better do it" (Thanks Dad/Grandpa!) and cousin whose motto was "it's easy to kiss a girl on the first date, the trick is getting her to kiss you on the first date." (Thanks Mick!).
So I am staying silent, smirking, but silent. I was silent a fraction too long and Jason looks at me, sees the smirk and says "what?"
Enter the kissing conversation. I don't think that kissing is really a big deal one way or the other. It's not like a dog marking it's territory... blah blah blah...insert philosophies explained above (now I am talking too much.) Jason, a little taken back, says "I don't think I have ever heard a girl say anything like that."
And the inevitable, "So, are you going to kiss him?"
"Who?"
"The guy you are going out with tonight?"
"I don't know, maybe."
"Well you are going to tell me if you do."
"No. I don't kiss and tell."
By this time, I am at Jason's house he looks like he's been hit by a bus. Tells me to have a good time and to" let me know how it went."
I go on the date, don't kiss the guy and send Jason the text. "I didn't get kissed tonight."
To this I recieve a lightening fast response, "that's my girl."
.... don't worry there was no response ....
Part II
This Sunday I was over at my friend Jesse's house playing games. Jason among others were there. Jason had come over with Jeff and Jim (don't you love all the J names in this story?). So were playing games, my room mates and I were getting ready to go (I drove separately since I was coming from my parents house.) Jim and Jeff were not ready to go yet and Jason wanted to leave so once again we find ourselves in the familiar setting of Stefanie and Jason driving to Jason's house in Stefanie's car.
We say good-bye to my room mates and get in my car. Now Jason and I haven't been alone since the previous story, still talking/texting a lot, and the hang outs happen to be in a group setting.
So what is the first thing he says when he gets in my car?
"So, have you snogged him?"
"Who?"
"That guy you went out with a couple weeks ago. What was his name?"
"Scott, no I haven't kissed him."
"Do I know Scott?"
"No, you don't."
"Well, I'm not dating Sara any more. I found out she is only 20, that's a bit to young."
"Sara, is that the girl you've been snogging?"
"yeh."
"20, huh?" I am not sure how old Jason is, I assume he is pulling 30/31. I think this should add to the ridiculousness of the situation that I have been relating to you.
"Yeh, and I have just wasted a lot of years w/ girls that just aren't ready to be serious."
Enter dating conversation. Now, I don't now about all ya'll (Wes and Beckee) but I don't have a dating conversation with just any one. But that is what Jason is wanting to talk about, so great, let's talk about dating. Let's talk about the fact that I've only ever really thought that maybe I could be with a guy forever twice. And both of those ended with my heart broken and me not dating/looking to date for months. Jason had similar situations, only more of them.
At the end of the conversation, we are planning on going out Wednesday, during the day.
Part III
Jason stands me up. Finally, I send the text "I thought we were hanging out today." I get a text later that evening that he is at night class and won't be able to see me today, sorry.
And thus we have the tale of the stupid boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is a STUPID boy!!! I like the written account...very funny!
I bet Lindsey and Ty read this too...
This is actually Wes. I just keep trying to remind myself that many of the successful relationships I know of started in stupid and immature ways. The question is...Is this too stupid? It sucks that he stood you up.
Post a Comment