Friday, August 1, 2008

A Glimpse into the Mind of Stef

Alright, this little snippit must be prefaced by the fact that I have not been to work in 6 weeks, I have no children, pets, or other distractions to occupy my time so I have had a lot of time to think about what is important in life. And when I was done with that I moved on to other thoughts, you know, like this one:





My parents have two very distinct and incompatible head shapes. My mom has a very long head, and my father has a very round, turtlish sort of head. Now thier offspring are split on this category into two separate camps, those with my mom's head shape (Wes, Ashley) and those with my Dad's head shape (Jecca, Tyson). Obviously there is some overlap but for the most part Wesley won't pull off a solid turtle smile and Jecca will never be able to really capture Blue Steel. I'm not sure where Tom falls into this one I think his head is more like Mom's but he used to have a head shaped like a bubble and he kind of looks like Dad, so I just don't know about The Fuzz.


I have thought that I fell into the mom shaped head category for years. I would say I don't have a round head, and my Blue Steel is amazing. But I've been scrapbooking my latest trips and I realized something. My head changes shapes, not literally, but depending on the angle at which a picture is taken I look very different

Ok, so here I am with a long face, I would say that these two are pretty close to the mental image I have of myself. Ignore Jodi to the right, she's not part of this demonstration.
Then there is this other where my head looks more like my Dad's head. If I was pulling a turtle face here it would be like "wow Steve with hair!" (definately picked up my dad's squinty eyes) Go ahead, try to tell me you can't see it. It's wierd! I don't know what else to say except these pictures were taken on the same day within a few hours of each other. (Insert Twilight Zone theme here)

3 comments:

beckee said...

Knowing that I will be met with resistance, and hoping you will still like me after the "almost" thing and this, I have to respectfully disagree with where Wes fits...I look at that guy everyday, and I am pretty sure his head shape is the same as his dad...particularly at the top (you are right that his turtle face is lacking). Ignore the fact obvious similarities due to baldness, and looking just at the shape of their heads, Wes is totally your dad...

Now, I understand you are looking at the face more than the overall head, and I have to agree that he does have a longer face than your dad's near perfect roundness, but not quite as long as your mom...I guess I am saying I can see your side, but I have (sadly) given this some thought as well and I just think his head is closer to the dad side of your mom/dad spectrum...

Just my humble opinion...

beckee said...

BTW-thanks for blogging!! I love reading thoughts from Stef...

Stefanie said...

Hmmm... you may have a point on the overall roundness factor. It is something I hadn't considered, though on further review I can see your point as well, Wes is a good mix of the two and I was only considering the head.

I would say the Wes is just getting fat, but we all know that isn't true.

It is pretty sad that you too have thought on head shapes... scary really.