Friday, August 1, 2008

The Birthday Season

I love birthdays, especially my birthday. I love birthdays because, like Christmas, they have a season. Think about it, is one day really sufficient to celebrate me... or you... NO! Birthdays must be extended for days, if not weeks, my sister Jessica celebrates her birthday from June 1 to June 29 (June 30 being Wesley's Birthday).


My birthday season officially starts July 20th (July 19 being Tyson's Birthday) and ends the first Saturday in August. Actually this year it started on July 4 because that is when I bought my birthday present to me, an acoustic-electric Martin DXC1E with a Stika spruce top, 14 fret dreadnought cutaway, and Fishman Classic 4 Sonicore sound reinforcement system (don't have the Amp yet... that should be coming around Christmas time), this beauty will provide me with countless hours of entertainment and may end all need for anything else of significance in my life. I love my guitar!

But that's like buying a Christmas gift before the day-after-Thanksgiving because it was perfect and on sale. It really didn't start the birthday season, it was just a magnificent prequel.

My birthday season started July 20, which means I didn't start pulling the Birthday Card until that day, I haven't vacuumed since. I started putting the final touches on my birthday bash plans for August 2. Jodi's making me a cake and I'm having a BBQ which may or may not have a lot of people show up, we'll see tomorrow (I'll let you know how it goes), but either way I'm eating hot dogs and (head permitting) playing sand volleyball until my feet start to fossilize.

On July 26, I got a birthday massage (thanks Parents, it's just what I always wanted) and helped my dad pull some wire in my grandparents basement.

July 27 was my family birthday party, my mom made Chicken and Dumplings which were very tasty and I had red velvet cake which I think ended up being a problem because of the rum, but what can you do? I ate the cake and the butter cream frosting kicked ass.

July 29, my birthday proper, I went out to dinner with my close friends and my sister Ashley. We ate at Robintino's, which I have never been to before, but is one of those places that everyone's been to and is like a Utah historic establishment or something so I went and it was good I didn't have any cake but I really enjoyed my steak and presents. The fire up City Creek Canyon made for an awesome sunset... clearly it was for my birthday. But my birthday dinner almost didn't happen because a truck dropped some multiple ton tank on the freeway at the I-15/215 interchange in bountiful just beofre rush hour and everyone had to try to fight their way north, everyone made it... eventually... Ashley took 1 1/2 hours to drive from downotwn to my house, and it could have been longer, but we played how to get north on backroads, brought to you by google earth.

July 31, Beckee finally wishes me happy birthday on her blog. I don't feel too bad about that because Armours birthday card is still sitting on my book shelf waiting to be mailed. I also finished inviting people to my party, which though there have already been two parties to celebrate me, I think I really need a third...





3 comments:

beckee said...

Well, no wonder you forgot Aarmy's birthday... it was a day full of wires and massages. Enjoy your 3rd party. I don't thnk I'm going to have parties anymore...no party means no older, right?!

Stefanie said...

You would think so, but the party actually has nothing to do with getting older. So come Sept. you're 30, whether you choose to party or not... so I would choose to party.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I get so much guff about my partying. It's just because Nate and Janelle would come and stay for a week and then I'd go stay for a week there. That's still only two weeks. But, I definitely do enjoy June every year. ... :)