Monday, August 4, 2008

BBQ

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures of my BBQ, so you'll just have to take my word for it... or Jecca can back me up on this one, she was there. The BBQ was great, about 30 people came most of the guys were late so at some juncture the ration was 20:3 but that evened out as the night progressed.
So I had my barbeque at a park near my house and I didn't bother reserving the big pavilion because I just don't know that many people and no one ever uses it any way but I was planning on using that particular area because there are charcoal grills, and I don't have a grill so it made sense in my head. So Jodi and I get to the park about 30 minutes early, just so I can make sure everything is set up before people show up... and there are cars everywhere. And yes the pavilion with the grills is full of either a large family reunion or a ward... either way I'm grill-less.
Fortunately, my friend Teresa has a grill and my other friend Jon has a truck and both were willing to help me, so I used propane instead of the charcoal. So now I have charcoal... maybe I'll do something dutch oven before it gets to cold.
Anyway, the volleyball pit and basketball courts were open and we had both volleyballs and basketballs... and enough people to do both. Marshall brought his guitar and played for a bit so we had dinner, a show, and some friendly competition... well maybe not so friendly... we all know how I feel about winning.
The only casualty was Jodi stepping on a bee. Jodi's alright but I think the bee was a little worse for the wear.

No comments: