Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Stupid boy installment Part IV Or I've decided that I need to hang out with drunk Hispanics more often

If you haven't read the previous Blog on the work party, start there and come back.
....
Oh, good you're back!!!!

Let's recap, Tyson is a guy I work with, he is Hispanic, and likes to party... a lot. But I spent a good 5 hours hanging out with him, he made sure I was comfortable had everything I wanted, made sure I made it back to my car safely, all in all pretty much a gentleman even after a couple beers. I had a good time and didn't feel self conscious.

Now, let's compare... Jason, who I guess I might be dating, but I'm not sure so I figure I'm not and am not really worried about at this point... called once I got home, was so excited to talk to me... but didn't really say much, as he was going over to a friends house. And no he didn't invite me.

He's still doing the school thing, so I can't be upset that he hasn't been as attentive as I think he should and/or could be. There still isn't a really good story here. Except to say that it really bothers me that it is so easy to go out and play with someone I could never date for religious reasons alone, and leave feeling good about myself and like I had a good time... and then anyone that I could date... if only for religious reasons... is just lame. I'm sorry, LDS guys are really dumb, even more dumb than most. I think its because they think they are going to marry any girl they actually date, rather than going out just to get to know someone, or for the hell of it. Where as other guys are just going out to have fun, it doesn't have to be going anywhere, your just two people having fun together. It doesn't have to go anywhere, heaven knows most girls don't think about that on the first date. Or if they do they are completely nuts!
Can someone please explain this to me?

2 comments:

Andrea Griggs said...

You're absolutely right, guys are dumb. . . you're also right that many LDS guys are too concerned about where a relationship is going before there even is a relationship! Good luck! Keep having fun!

beckee said...

All I have to say is that the LDS boys that like to just go out and "have fun" are totally there too. And you can go out with them and have fun and come home feeling good and having had fun, but they get old fast (cough...Gavin...cough).

(not that Gavin is the only example I can come up with, he's just the one you know...)

The trick is just to keep dating, a lot, and eventually you will find that guy that is fun AND looking for a wife, and then everything will just click. And if you are anything like the rest of your family, about 2-3 hours after your first date with that person, you will be engaged and about 2-3 days later you'll be married. :)