Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I thought I graduated from High School! or Let's Count to 10.

So every year my place of employment (whom I am not to mention when blogging as per some company policy... so we'll say I'm in the CIA) has a work party. Only employees are invited to this party, which always has an open bar, a DJ, dance floor, pool tables, and pretty much all the food you can eat. And no spouses, it is sometimes referred to and the Infidelity Christmas Party.
Now, my other deep cover CIA cohorts and I have been excited about this for... well like a day before... but we all RSVP'ed.
So the day is finally comes, and we are all going to this party, which we were paid to attend since we had to leave work early to go. Tyson, Stafford and I were a bit late since we had to stop by Tyson's house so he could change into his suit. The attire was business professional, and I couldn't be seen with someone under dressed. He walks to work and we had to get downtown so it wasn't really out of the way. As soon as we leave work, Stafford start talking about how wasted we are going to get, and who they are going to pick a fight with once they are good and drunk.
Tyson, knowing I am not a drinker tells me it's my job to make sure he doesn't get sloppy drunk. So we take TRAX down to the Grand America Hotel and get to our little work party. So while I'm checking my coat, Tyson and Stafford start into their first of many beers, and I found them getting whipped at pool, (but playing a better game than I could dream of playing so I can't say much there) and are starting into drink #2. This is about 30 minutes into the night... or about 5:30... and after about the fifth drink offer, Stafford comes to the realization that I don't drink. Though I appreciated the offer. They down beer #3 while we were in line to grab some food.
Later we catch up with some of our other friends, Gavin, Nicole, Jordan, Chris, and Brad --- Tyson is off to get #4... now I know that I am not supposed to let him get really drunk, but he was getting me a Sprite while he was at it so I wasn't too concerned. I was sitting at our table talking with Nicole and Chris. Brad is on the dance floor by himself, soon to be joined by a scantily clad, we later find out, married, woman. And Tyson comes back with#4 and #5 and forgot my non-alcoholic drink at the counter, so he had to go back and get it, while he was there he figured he would pick up #6 while he was at it.
Fortunately for my task at hand, #5 and #6 were given up to Staff and Jason and #4 was forgotten when Tyson decided it was time to dance. Gavin isn't to be out done for very long, so three guys and one chick are out dancing Nicole, Chris, Jordan and I are spectating. And lets face it, the man who had downed 3.5 Hienikens was a much better dancer, though a little off balance.
But Tyson is a good looking guy, and much to Brad's delight they are soon joined by 4 or 5 more scantily clad women... I thought this party was business professional... Anyway, one of the girls asked Nicole to dance, (she even got on one knee) so Nicole is out dancing for a good 30 seconds. I don't know where these girls were coming from, but they were dancing in such a way that Gavin was embarrassed enough to leave the dance floor.
Chris, wants to get pictures taken, so we go and get in line for that... it seems like I spent a lot of time in line... anyway, Chris, Jordan, Gavin and I are holding the group place in line while Brad, Tyson and Nicole are being joined by more and more intoxicated people on the dance floor -- this group now includes directors, special agents and those deep under cover people... CIA employees are crazy! I'm pretty sure Jack Ryan was there...
So this picture line is long, I felt like I was in high school all over again... but I do work for a corporation so that's pretty much like high school anyway... but Gavin gave a rousing speech about how we were committed... look how far we had come, and how long the line was behind us. No sooner had we recommitted to our goal than Gavin is dragged out of line onto the dance floor by Vanessa, a girl who has been in love with him for over a year now, Gavin isn't really into her as much as she is into him... but he can't turn an offer down, so he's gone. Chris decided he wanted to find Angela and Ivanna for the picture, since they were in our training group back in the day when we were all new to the agency. So Jordan and I are holding down the fort and inching closer to the green screen. Somehow Gavin comes back with dessert... fortunately he brought me something so he could be forgiven for leaving, and I had to go pull Brad and Tyson off the Dance floor, Tyson had found another beverage, is this #7 or #8... I'm not sure at this point... but at some point beer is going to get to even the best so I'm stuck with the beer while Tyson finds the bathroom.
So we are all finally in line for pictures, Tyson has his beer back and is pretty upset that I haven't been dancing. I don't know what to do with someone who has consumed that much alcohol so I promise I will dance after the pictures. So we get the pictures taken and head toward the crowded dance floor. Chris, who is married and as his wife would be mad enough about him drinking decided not to give her something else to be mad about and stayed on the sidelines. I'm not a big dancer, so I kept my promise momentarily and then headed for the tables too.
The dancing was out of control, again, I don't know where these girls came from, if they were fired today, or when the Grand America turned into a club. There was some major ass grabbing going on, Roxbury style.
Brad insists that I haven't fulfilled my promise about dancing after pictures, so he dragged me back out to teach him to salsa. Once that song was over, Tyson wanted me to swing with him. He can't swing... and was that beer #9?
Anyway, it's getting late for a work party, so Tyson and I decide it's about that time. His friend was coming to pick us up since he was in no condition to drive... somehow not sloppy... which can't be said for most at that point.

All in all, I would say it was a pretty successful night... and I was in bed by 10.

1 comment:

beckee said...

That is the most insane party ever, and my husband would not have been attending! CIA employee or not!