So this Sunday I decided that I wanted to dust off my culinary skills (insert smirks/laughing out loud here) and cook dinner. Ended up being a philipino chicken on rice thing that I can't spell (Wes thanks btw) and wontons. So good!!! So I was calling my friends on Saturday and I didn't have Jim's or Jeff's phone numbers (they are brothers). But I figured I'd see them at church and invite them when I saw them. They weren't at church, so they didn't get to come.
I saw them later Sunday night, and while I was talking to Jim I mentioned that I didn't have his number.
"You're kidding! These girls (referring to Teresa and Sue) haven't given you that?"
So he rattles off a number and says, "that one is Jeff's... this is mine... do you want me to have your number?"
Of course! So Jim has my number but Jeff does not, and I have Jeff's number. This presents a unique opportunity to mess with someone. I am not one to pass that up, ever.
So later, later that night, I start texting Jeff
"Jeff, you looked so hot tonight!"
"I really liked your haircut."
No response, and I'm not sure how far I can go and still be friends...
"you know, Jim told me you liked to text, but I guess not!"
Still no response. Then I remembered a conversation Jeff and I had some weeks back: "you
know, blonde girls don't like redheads. The reason why is because they have fair skin, and redheads have fair skin, so blonds stay away. Brunettes on the other hand generally have darker skin, so the fact that redheads have fair skin isn't a problem for them." If you haven't figured it out, Jeff is a redhead. Stroke of genius...
"Do you know why brunettes prefer redheads?"
"who is this?"
Don't worry, we're still friends!
Probably the funnest two hours spent texting ever.... just like being a grandma's favorite, you have to narrow the category down just enough :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I keep coming back to your blog daily looking for new and exciting stories from the single life, and keep reading this one over and over. And each and every time I read it I think, "Yes, Stef is awesome, and I really wish I was there for that Adobo and eggroll dinner." I blame pregnancy for that last part...
Post a Comment