My brother Wes, is a resident in Spokane - not at Sacred Heart he's at the other hospital - Deaconess... he doesn't have a lot of time to call me to communicate and what not, so he relies on my blog to stay up to date on the happenings in my life. Of course, this requires my blog to be up to date. So even though nothing really exciting has happened, here is my blog to keep my brother from having to call.
The biggest thing that is going on right now is Jessica is getting married. I will be doing her hair for her bridal pictures on Saturday. I am still working out the kinks for what she wants, but it's easier to do other people's hair than your own, since you can see what you are doing.
After I get her hair done I am going to play some football. It could be my favorite game ever!! I never really understood why there wasn't a female equivelant, but it will be lots of fun... I'm way excited.
I have been making headway with my migraines. They are still pretty frequent, but between the drugs, the braces, and getting my neck cracked every other day I am making some progress. Hopefully by the time Christmas/wedding rolls around I will be mostly better. On the issue of my neck, it's pretty cool/distrubing. Necks are supposed to curve, mine has lost the curve, is starting to curve back the wrong way. The chiropractor says it takes about 10 years for a neck to get itself that messed up. So I am blaming the trampoline... I can't think of what else I could have done.
Braces are a cruel means of torture still. And now I have little rubber bands to keep my mouth about 85% immobilized, it could be the best diet I have ever been on. Every time I want to eat something, I ask the question "is it really worth trying to get these things back on my teeth?" and the answer is invariably no.
let's see, what else? Oh, back to Jessica getting married. Ashley and I kind of have set a precident that we make a quilt and tie it for the bridal shower we get put in charge of. Well, for Ashley's friend shower (years ago) Jessica and I did one of those "make a plate" things you did way back in elemenetary school where you draw on a round piece of paper and you send it away and magically it comes back on a plate. And then we did a quilt for her family shower. anyway my mom loves the plates. So instead of a quilt for Jecca's family shower, we are making plates. Jecca still wants a quilt (anyone surprised on that?), so Ashley and I are still making a quilt and Kaylene is going to use her awesome quilting machine. So it isn't really any extra work, except that it is in addition to everything else. The funny (though ultimately not surprising) thing is my mom, in spite of all her railroading, still wants Ash and I to plan the family shower -- even though she has now chosen the activity, tried to change the date, has nixed any lunch ideas that have been thrown out, and has informed everyone she talks to that the boys can come and there won't be any "silly shower games." It's one of those things where I just don't care that much. I am willing to plan a party for my sister 'cause in spite of everything I love the girl. And Ashley and I are talking about it and trying to work it out so Jessica will get the things she needs/wants and coordinate with other "themes" of showers. Incidentally, the shower we are planning will have some "silly shower games" and we don't want to make the lunch a big deal. But mom if you want to plan the shower, just plan the damn shower!!!
And for the record I am working on another stupid boy story. It hasn't reached its ironic conclusion yet, and therefore cannot be packaged up in a nice little blog... but it's comin'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love being quoted as being a bright lady! And I am now anxiously awaiting the newest installment of the stupid boy cronicles!
Thanks for the update Stefanie-I hope you don't mind that I read your blog too! Good luck with all the shower stuff. Have fun!
Post a Comment