I just want to announce that the kids team is going to be losing a key player in the next couple of months. This will be especially important due to the fact that the person being lost is none other than my baby sister Jecca. You know the one: she is the cute little girl who cut her bangs, put the resot of her hair in ringlets, and wore one earring for her school pictures. It little girl that my grandma couldn't believe that such a small girl had such a loud voice. Anyway as we all know one can't get married and stay on the kids team, it has been attempted but all have failed. She's getting married on Dec. 27.
This means a couple of things:
1. Once again I am the older, unmarried sister at the wedding.
2. I get to use all of the answers I came up with for Ashley's wedding to that inevitable question "So why aren't you married?" again. Go ahead ask me, but I am not going to sugar coat the response and you may be shocked and/or appalled. Most of these were not my creation but Lisa's.
3. Cody may or may not be the favorite next year.
4. Tom will have another guy to threaten.
5. Wes, Ty and their families will be in town for Christmas this year.
6. The only thing worse than getting the questions about why I'm not married is the silent, pitying looks shot from those elderly relatives of mine who have given up on me ever getting married.
7. I will have to go on a kick ass vacation come January, I am leaning towards the Bahamas, but that could change at any time.... up until I make purchases, then it's pretty set.
So let's set the record straight. I am very happy for her. While I am once again shocked to find that my nieces and nephews will think I am the youngest sister, Bret's a good guy and exceeds my expectations (I never thought that I would like whomever Jecca married), and he treats my sister well. So it's just Tom and me now, we will have to work double time to undermine the parents :)
The other thing that I would like to put to rest is that I am not bitter. I understand that this is a rumor that has been circulating among people who think they know. As my aunt says, there are worse things than being single.
The kids team will prevail!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey-I LOVED it when the Disney people thought I was the youngest sister when I was there with both my sisters this summer-just enjoy being the youngest for once! I know I did!!!
Sometimes dad plays on the kids' team.
Go kids team. . . .
Why aren't you married yet? I'm just kidding! Enjoy it while it lasts! :)
Congratulations, Jessica.
Can you tell which of these comments was not from Beckee?!
Post a Comment