So one thing I didn't consider when I was moving was a lack on internet access. Hence the silence from my fabulous blog. But it's pretty slow... people must think it's a holiday or something, so I've got some time at work.
Unfortunately I've missed all the good stuff... Halloween, Thanksgiving... elections, the end of viability of auto makers in the united states.... but that time has passed. So I am going to focus on better things. The good news is I have lots of time to think about what that focus will be... still thinking...
Alright here we go. As you may or may not be aware, my parents had a mishap with their washer and to make a long story short had to replace carpet/kitchen/paint on two floors of the house. This happened back in August and Parents do have insurance but because my mom is... well... Mom, she took the opportunity to remodel, so the main area upstairs now has Brazilian Walnut floors, toasty marshmallow walls, and best of all granite counter tops (They remind me of a billboard that I saw in Spokane everytime I go to parents and I laugh and Laugh and think of Beckee... its a beautiful thing...). As I said, the washing maching blew up in August and the remodel still isn't finished, though the upstairs has been (mostly) reclaimed.
What is the downside to all of this decadence? Christmas in the Johnson home is cancelled. Right down to the Christmas tree, there isn't even a baby train out on those granite counter tops, no stockings hung on the mantle with... I'd say care, but that would be misleading any year. So after 31 years of Great Grinchy Tricks...
my Dad finally scored his ultimate victory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Holy Crap! No Christmas?!?!
NOOOOOOOOO....good thing there are no grandkids around or it would be a devastation! DOn't tell Monkey bunny, E Dawg, Sugar pup, OR Kindle Cat about that!
Wow-that grinchy dad of yours...
Haha I love your dad! But I must say he's the least grinchy guy I know!
Stef,this is your mother. Really all of these years your dad has been a good sport because he was trained when he was young to be a grinch by his Father, who is he grinch of all the grinches. However, since he is the one who has done most,let me repeat, most of all the work in our house, after 30 years I chose not to fight this battle.I was afraid it would have pushed him over his limit. And besides,we had Chrismas cards on the mantle, as well as two poinsettias. There was a small nativity on the piano and there was a ceramic Holy Family in the new entertainment center that your father spent Christmas Eve installing the lights so that the light would radiate and look cool.
Hee Hee Now I've done it.
Post a Comment