Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What I love best about being single...

You may think that this is absolutely sick (and I might agree with you) but I love moving. Barring that stint at my parents house, I have moved at least once a year for the 8 years that I have been considered an adult (I actually average more than that but its a tangent we can avoid).


Obviously I am getting ready to move again or it wouldn't be coming up now, so I guess the first thing I should say is:





Hey guess what, I'm moving .687 miles north of my present location!





When: In two weeks


Why: Because my lease is up ... and I can... and I hate my landlord




That having been said, back to the point, I love moving... it's not like when I was a kid and we had to pack up all of the stuff and it took weeks and you had boxes and boxes that were labeled "miscellaneous crap," (I'm pretty sure those boxes are still sitting in the storage room at Parent's house) and there were things you just hoped would get "lost" but you couldn't actually throw away...





Ok, ok... maybe it isn't my favorite thing about being single, but it's definately in my top ten.





So in the spirit of David Letterman:








Top Ten reasons why Moving yearly while Single doesn't suck.





10. If you don't have a place to put it, there's always your parent's basement





9. Its like Christmas, you find things you didn't remember having, (usually discovered at your parent's house...).





8. Your hot guy friends do most/all heavy lifting, though there may be some later baking exchange obligation... depending on what they hold out for





7. All the miscellaneous crap that has accumulated over the past year can actually be thrown away.





6. You never have to clean windows





5. One more year in the same place and you might plant a garden





4. This go around: Love Sac





3. Hardcore furniture rearrangement.





2. There really isn't that much to move (most of your stuff is in Parent's basement already)





1. Answering the question Where does one hang the 20x14 muscle cars/mansion poster in another house full of girls?

7 comments:

Sarah Coyne said...

haha, I'm lovin' the top 10 list! Have a great move and we'll have come check out the new digs (or at the very least the giant muscle man poster...!)

Anonymous said...

I remember those "I hope this gets lost" items. . . mostly the one.
Though, now I have somewhat of an insight into your refusal of musical/talking toys in your house.
"It's all so clear now!" ~Larry the Cucumber

Natalie said...

So when are you moving to CA? I see in past posts you were in our neck of the woods, and we missed you! There are a shortage of likable people here; we could've used a visit!
So...I guess maybe you shouldn't move to CA. We're moving soon, anyway. I'm dreading it. I'd probably feel better about it if I had a cool muscle car poster...

Stefanie said...

Never under estimate the value of a muscle car poster.

I know, I should have visited you... but I was there for like... 53 hours and most of that time was in a car... can we call that a visit?

Eli, Trieste, and The Gals said...

ah yes...the joys of moving. But at least you have a positive attitude about it...and the fact you're moving less than a mile away. nice!! best luck in the move.

Natalie said...

Ok. Fine. I totally agree: that's not a visit. Did you even get adequate potty breaks?

Hopefully we'll see you (and your muscle car poster) at Christmas...

Natalie said...

Okay. Now I've been checking everyday for three weeks. I'm in need of some Stef comic relief, please!