Monday, July 7, 2008

It's not all fun and games

I told my brother Tyson that I would be good about keeping up my blog so he can keep appropriate tabs on me while he is overseas. Clearly I am doing better than I have in the past.
Unfortunately I don't have anything awesome to report, in fact, these past few weeks have pretty much sucked.
But to tell this story, I need to back up about 6 weeks to the time when I got the results from some blood work/ultrasound. Good news, I'm not pregnant....
Oh wait, we already knew that. I was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome so without diving into the realm of too much information, the result is I was put on birth control. Which shouldn't have been a problem.
The problem came into effect about 4 days after I started taking the pills and the migraines that I had previously had pretty well undercontrol were bopped back out of control because I was put on the wrong type of birth control. 4 Dr. visits later I thought I was going to be ok, but when all the drugs finally wore off I was back to where I was a year ago, daily migraines. To give you a time frame, it was after San Francisco, during Zion. I had a good weekend when Wes came to town and it's been worse since then.
The worst part is the dizziness. I haven't been able to drive for about 2 weeks now. That means I haven't been to work in those 2 weeks. I don't know how retired people do this, but staying home without anything to do really bites. So hopefully, 4 more dr. visits later, I will go to work tomorrow.

2 comments:

beckee said...

Totally sucks! So sorry, I hope it gets better!

Andrea Griggs said...

I'm sorry, that's no fun. I hope they can figure out what's going on soon. 2 of our cousins have POS, also. I think they have had some problems related to it as well. Good luck.