Ok so I have been on a couple trips in the past few months, but I lost the usb port to my camera. So I now have a new connection to my computer so here's my update.
Over memorial day my room mate Jodi and I drove to San Francisco, but I have always been told that if I am going to bother going to San Francisco I should drive the coastal highway, and if I am going to drive on the coastal highway I have to come from the north. So clearly with all the information there is no point in going to San Francisco if you're not coming at it from Oregon.
On this Premise, Jodi and I drove to Oregon, which is a state I have only every driven through... I think... its possible that this was my very first trip to the state. Important things I saw here include the northern extent of the Great Basin, and some boats. I did not see any volcanoes though I did stop in the cascades and try. It was foggy I have pictures of me in front of Mt. Washington and you can't see a damn thing. Don't worry those pictures will be attached at some point but as is evidenced by my previous attempts the pictures show up where ever they want to.
So we drove from Utah to Eugene Oregon in a day, that is a freaking long drive especially since we were in the middle of no where and realized we were running low on gas and had to turn around and drive the wrong direction for a 1/2 hour so we could make it to the hotel, where we slept for about 5 hours.
The second day was ev
en longer, we drove from
Eugene to San Francisco. On the way I saw a light
house
and some big ass trees. I tried to hug one and got a face full of an attacking spider instead, they seriously need to do some bug control in those forests! you don't know where they've been! We almost hit a deer in Muir Woods, crossed the Golden Gate Bridge around midnight, got in a wreck in downtown San Francisco around 2:00 am, and made it to the hotel by 3:00.
The third day we didn't drive any where, but I did see Pier 39, Alcatraz (from a distance) and got up close and personal with some sea lions and the Bay Bridge. Oh, and I also ate sour dough which was really good with the soup I was eating at the time. So it was a successful day.
Day four we drove home, and that felt like the longest day because after
week took a picture at Donner Pass in the Sierra Nevadas we just wanted to get home and Nevada is just ugly, its like we would drive for hours and hadn't gone anywhere. The only place worse was once we crossed the state line and realized we
hit the salt flats. So maybe Nevada isn't the ugliest place ever.
It was a good time, nothing like a whirl wind trip to cross one of those items on the "100 things to do before you die" list. Enjoy the pictures.
1 comment:
I love that drive to San Francisco from Oregon. Wes & I did that last August when we went and visited Mick n Nat. It was awesome! I'm glad u did it!
Post a Comment